The DevTeam strikes again. A few days before a first public demonstration provided by MuscleNerd available here for all the new Spirit Jailbreak. To say that this is a beta version is an understatement. The software is still a work in progress, for admission of the developers, and bugs are certainly not lacking. Spirit is an untethered Jailbreak that works on all the latest firmware for iPhone, iPod touch, and especially iPad, but does not unlock the carrier. If you already have installed on your device tethered a jailbreak you do a restore to use it.
- The program can do unattached Jail for iPhone 3G/3GS, iPod Touch and iPad with firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3 and 3.2;
- Spirit works with all versions of iTunes (including 9.1.1);
- Your device must be activated before you start the Spirit. In other words, you must have access to the Springboard.
- Spirit is not an unlock, but only a jailbreak;
- If your device unlocked by another method, you need to do Restore.
Download the utility : spiritjb.com – site presents Mac and Win versions.