Google integrated video call from computer to computer and phone call from computer to mobile / landline numbers with in their popular e-mail service, Gmail. Video chat is released to Gmail worldwide user base while national / international voice calls to mobile landline is rolled out of US accounts only. First of all you need to install voice and video chat plug-in, it’s free and easy to install. After a few quick steps, you can talk with your friends face-to-face, anywhere in the world.
- Download the voice and video chat plug-in.
- Quit all open browser windows.
- Launch the downloaded file and follow the installation guide.
- Sign in to Gmail, iGoogle or orkut.
- Follow instructions here to make a call!
If you are not able to send or receive video / audio date then navigate to gmail settings >> chat and troubleshoot your camera, headphone, mic etc.
Requirements for Google Call :
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Mac OS X on an Intel-based Mac
- Ubuntu and other Debian based Linux distributions
- Google Chrome
- Firefox 2.0+
- Internet Explorer 6.0+
- Safari 3.0