iPhone Dev Team has released Redsn0w 0.9.8 Beta 1, which supports tethered jailbreak iOS 5 beta 1 but only on Mac OS X. Redsn0w requires an officially activated iDevice running on iOS 5 beta 1. MuscleNerd also warns that this release is intended for developers only, so they can test their applications with iOS 5 and mobile substrate.
redsn0w 0.9.8 beta 1 does not work with Windows and probably will not function until the final release of iOS in May so do not expect a version for Windows. Redsn0w jailbreak 0.9.8 beta 1 is using the exploit of limera1n bootrom and is compatible with iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPad 1, iPod Touch 3G and iPod Touch 4G.
- iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch running on iOS 5 Beta
- iOS 5 Beta IPSW saved on your computer
- Redsn0w OS X
- Create a folder on your Desktop named ‘techtosh’ and place all required files you downloaded earlier.
- Launch RedSn0w and select the file. ipsw firmware iOS 5 beta 1 by clicking the browse button, and after that the program will identify the firmware and start a quick process (requires Internet connection).
- Select “Install Cydia” and then click again on Next (you can also choose whether to install the custom logos or less).
- Now turn off your iPhone but make sure it is still plugged in to USB port. If you satisfies this term then click next to proceed, next step is to put your iPhone in DFU mode.
- To put your iPhone in to DFU mode follow the onscreen instructions, as follows Hold the Power button for 3 seconds, Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds, then release the Power button and continuing holding the Home button until your iPhone is in DFU mode.
- If every thing goes well and you successfully put your iPhone in DFU mode, then the following screen will appear otherwise you will be prompted to do from Step Four.
- That’s it after 5 to 8 minute of process you will get your hands on a Jailbreak iDevice.