MSFT.guy released iPhone 3G / 3GS iOS 4.2 beta 1 pwnage tool bundle, that mean with a little workaround in pwnage tool you can update your already pwned iPhone 3G / 3GS to iOS 4.2 Beta with jailbreak and unlock support.
Note / Warning :
- The bundles included in this release are not official because they were not issued by the DevTeam.
- You must be on already pwned 4.1 / 4.0 / lower.
- iPhone 3G, 3GS (old bootroms) and Mac OS only.
- This is for advanced users only if you don’t know, what you are doing stay away and wait for official Dev team / Geohot tools.
- Use this guide on your own risk, i am not responsible for any damage (if any). The procedure mentioned below is tested by me and it works.
- Pwnage Tool 3.1.5 Download here [Mirror 1] [Mirror 2]
- iPhone 3G iOS 4 GM Bundle Download Here
- iPhone 3GS iOS 4 GM Bundle Download Here
Instructions to add custom bundles
1. Download the iPhone 3G iOS 4.2 beta bundle mentioned in the requirements and unzip to your desktop or where ever you want .
2. Right-click the Mouse on PwnageTool and click on “Show Package Contents”
3. Then enter “Contents” then “Resources” and finally “FirmwareBundles”.
4. Move the bundle.zip to the FirmwareBundles folder and close the folder.
5. Launch PwnageTool (now supported for iOS 4.2 Beta ) and proceed normally with the construction of custom firmware, you can take a reference fro our previous guide to Jailbreak iPhone With Pwnage Tool (Mac). This way, Mac users can jailbreak the latest iOS 4 GM while preserving their baseband.