With the release of iTunes 9.2 final for Windows, Dev tem released iOS 4 GM jailbreak for iPhone 3G using Redsn0w for Windows. iOS 4 GM firmware can be installed by everyone, including users who are not registered UDID with Apple developers. Needless to mention if you want to preserve your unlock then stay away from Redsn0w and wait for pwnage tool or official unlock for iOS 4 GM.
If you don’t mind to loose your unlock then follow the following instructions.
- iPhone 3G with iOS 4 GM installed already.
- iTunes 9.2 installed on Windows.
- Redsn0w 0.9.5 Download here or here
1. Connect iPhone to your computer using the USB cable.
2. Redsn0w Run and click Browse. Select the iOS 4 GM from the desktop of your computer and then click Next.
3. It will start an automatic process which will be downloaded and patched the kernel.
4. You will now have a new screen where you select packages to install. Select Cydia and go on.
5. You will be prompted to put the iPhone in DFU.
- Press the Home + Power for exactly 10 seconds then release the power button while continuing to press home only until a screen will appear all white.
6. Once your phone boots up in DFY mode, another automated process will start. After successful jailbreak your phone will reboot.
7. When you turn on the iPhone you will notice Cydia icon in white with no repository. Launch the application, navigate to Manage> Sources> Edit> Add and add following repo address
Now wait for Cydia to refresh sources. That’s it.