Last time we talked about Redsn0w 0.9.5 beta 1 to jailbreak iPhone 3G with OS 4 beta, main limitation of Redsn0w is that you have to update your phone first then jailbreak second. This means your BB will be updated to 05.13 and unlock for latest baseband are unavailable at the moment. Thanks to our friend annoymousdev for releasing new PwnageTool bundles to make pwnage tool compatible with OS 4 beta .
Procedure is very easy, you have to add two bundle files to the DevTeam’s pwnage tool for Mac, that will enable support for custom firmware 4 beta Creation.
Note / Warning :
- The bundles included in this release are not official because they were not issued by the DevTeam.
- You must be on jailbroken 3.1.3 or lower.
- iPhone 3GS only.
- We aren’t responsible for any damage (if any).
- Pwnage Tool 3.1.5 Download here [Mirror 1] [Mirror 2]
- iPhone 3GS OS 4 Beta 4 Bundle Download Here (Coming Soon)
Instructions to add custom bundles
1. Download the files mentioned in the requirements and unzip to your Applications folder or where ever you want .
2. Right-click the Mouse on PwnageTool and click on “Show Package Contents”
3. Then enter “Contents” then “Resources” and finally “FirmwareBundles”.
4. Move the iPhone2,1_4.0_8A274b.bundle to the FirmwareBundles folder and close the folder.
5. Launch PwnageTool (now supported for OS 4 Beta 4) and proceed normally with the construction of custom firmware. This way, Mac users can jailbreak the latest OS 4 beta 4 while preserving their baseband.
Now you can lock your 5.11 baseband with blacksn0w.