The error codes are common these days, and today I’m going to show you solutions on how to fix 0x800705b4 error code. These types of errors always occur in Windows 10, so there is nothing to worry about because it is possible to solve them without panicking. Yes, you heard me right, now you can solve the error all by yourself and you don’t need to go to any pro for that. Let’s read out why the error code happens on windows before heading to step by step guide to solving the error code.
What Is 0x800705b4 Windows 10 Update Error?
It may happen that some files in your windows system are damaged or corrupted, and that means they are not capable of responding any command in a right manner. This way you have some malfunctioning files in the system’s entry, and that’s why the error code appears.
Recommended: Fix 0x80070057 Error Message in Windows 7 Update
This is not it, but there are other reasons too that make this error code happen. These reasons include incomplete installation or installation that happened with corrupted files, improper deletion of any program or application or it is a fault of any virus running in your system that you haven’t noticed yet. So all these reasons may stop the system from working finely, and that’s why it is essential to know how to troubleshoot 0x800705b4 error in Windows 10.
How to Fix Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x800705b4
#1 SFC Scan Always Helps
This one is the best and effective solution so far that helps you in almost every case. It is like the most helpful companion of those who don’t want to go into details and solve things just by scanning.
The incredible thing is you don’t have to download any tool for scanning, and this presents in your system itself. SFC scan helps to scan all the malware, and it repairs all the corrupted files and programs. So here are the steps to perform an SFC scan-
- First, you need to start the command prompt. Press Windows key and X and choose command prompt from the show options. Else press Windows key and R that brings the run dialogue box. Type cmd and hit enter.
- Now you see command prompt on your screen, so here you need to put this command by typing or pasting: SFC /scannow and hit enter.
- You just sit back and relax and let the process be done. Remember the process may take some time, but it will eliminate and repair all the malfunctioning elements.
- After you are done, you will get a message like:
— Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation or
— Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them, or Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
You are done performing the SFC scan, and if it doesn’t solve anything, you can head to the next method and fix 0x800705b4 in Windows 10.
#2 Try Performing a System Restore
It is the second best thing you can perform on how to troubleshoot the 0x800705b4 error in Windows 10 effectively. It is a simple process too yet very efficient where you take back your system to a time when everything was working fine. So this process restores your system to the defined time, and the bug will not be there once system restore process is completed.
Also, it doesn’t take any technical skills; just a basic knowledge and you are done making a restore point of your system. Don’t worry, here are all the steps that you need to get the process done-
- First, you need to go to system restore and for this go to your programs. Press search button and type system restore and hit enter. It will open up the required program or bring you a box where you can choose the program.
- Now in the system restore window choose the date you want to restore your system to. There are two options available one is recommended by your PC and one you can choose yourself.
- Once you are done selecting restore point you can click OK or restore button.
- It will take a few minutes and let you know if the restore is successfully done or not. In most cases restore gets completed and you fix 0x800705b4 in Windows 10.
Recommended: Fix Error Code 0x80004005 for Windows 7, 10
#3 Update Your Windows
The next and last step will be updating your windows if the mentioned methods do not work for you. Windows 10 makes the updates automatically but sometimes it is not the case you ignore it, or something happened in between, and the update process fails. So to get rid of Windows 10 error code 0x800705b4 you need to update your windows.
- Click on the search button and type control panel. Click on the program and a window will be there on your screen named as the control panel.
- Here search for System and Security from the given icons and click on it.
- In the System and Security, you can easily find an option saying Windows Update. Click on it and then Check for updates.
- It will show you the latest update on that you can click and it will start updating to windows.
Some Other Effective Solutions-
Here are some other methods that you can consider if nothing works for you. Because sometimes there are other factors responsible for the error. So try this list and see if these tips work for you.
- Download the tool named ‘Windows Update Troubleshooter’ that you can find at free of cost; it is a Microsoft tool that you need to install on your system and run a scan. There are easy instructions on the screen that you follow and troubleshoot the issues in your system and check for the error existence.
- Sometimes it is all because of that windows firewall or installed antivirus software. So you can disable both of them together or one by one and try checking the issue again.
- If you think there are several devices plugged in such as flash drives, webcams, or any device that is not so useful than you can try unplugging them and check for windows update process again.
I hope by now you have found your solution on how to fix 0x800705b4 error code. If this is the case, then let me know which solution has the most effective and quick for you. See you in my next article with solutions on a new error.